Top 10 Mark Twain quotes
1. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't
than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
2. A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
3. Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was
4. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
5. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
6. We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it and stop
there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a
hot stove-lid again - and that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one anymore.
7. Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I
8. Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
9. If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the
principal difference between a dog and man.
10. It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open
and remove all doubt.
more Mark Twain quotes