Top 10 Lao Tzu quotes
1. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
2. Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realise there is
nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.
3. Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
4. I have three treasures. Guard and keep them: The first is deep love, the second is
frugality, and the third is not to dare to be ahead of the world. Because of deep love, one is
courageous. Because of frugality, one is generous. Because of not daring to be ahead of the
world, one becomes the leader of the world.
5. Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is
strength; mastering yourself is true power. If you realize that you have enough, you are truly
6. To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
7. If a person seems wicked, do not cast him away. Awaken him with your words, elevate him
with your deeds, repay his injury with your kindness. Do not cast him away; cast away his
8. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you
9. Water is the softest thing, yet it can penetrate mountains and earth. This shows clearly
the principle of softness overcoming hardness.
10. Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment.
more Lao Tzu quotes