Movie quotes page 4
- You see a girl a couple of times a week and sooner or later she thinks you'll divorce
wife. Not fair, is it?
- No, especially to your wife.
The Apartment, 1960
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
The Silence of the Lambs, 1991
Thank God for the rain to wash the trash off the sidewalk.
Taxi Driver, 1976
I'm tapped out Marv. American Express' got a hitman lookin' for me.
Wall Street, 1987
Which one of you nuts has got any nuts?
One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, 1975
God made men. Men made slaves.
The Ten Commandments, 1956
Bond. James Bond.
Dr. No, 1962
- So you never wanted a regular-type life?
- What the fuck is that? Barbecues and ball games?
Remember those posters that said, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life?" Well,
that's true of every day but one... the day you die.
American Beauty, 1999
I just wish for once that you could be in my shoes, Mr. Prosecutor, and then you would know
something you don't know: mercy. That the concept of a society is based on the quality of
that mercy; its sense of fair play; its sense of justice! But I guess that's like asking a bear to
shit in the toilet!
Midnight Express, 1978
I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.
The Godfather, 1972
Well, it's not the men in your life that counts, it's the life in your men.
I'm no Angel, 1933
- Why don't you kiss her instead of talking her to death?
- You want me to kiss her, huh?
- Ah, youth is wasted on the wrong people!
It's a wonderful Life, 1946
- Why are you laughing?
- You're going to rent cars?
- That's right. I know a lot about cars. I've been stealing them since I was 14.
Carlito's Way, 1993
- Do you just want to lose weight, or are you looking to increase strength and flexibility as
- I want to look good naked.
American Beauty, 1999
In New York, life is what happens while you're waiting for a table.
Sex and the City, 1998
Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with?
Gran Torino, 2008
- Surely you can't be serious.
- I am serious... And don't call me Shirley!
A martini. Shaken, not stirred.
- What do they call you?
- Some call me one thing and others another.
- What do they call you the most?
- My name.
Red River, 1948
Well, I've always believed that if done properly, armed robbery doesn't have to be an
Thelma & Louise, 1991
You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one
of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way, and
that's how you get Capone! Now, do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that?
The Untouchables, 1987
- Class isn't something you buy. Look at you, you've got on a 500-dollar suit and you're still a
- Yeah, but I look good.
48 HRS, 1982
- You kill anybody?
- A few cops.
- No real people?
- Just cops.
Reservoir Dogs, 1992
- Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.
- Er, no, freedom actually.
- Yeah, they said I hadn't done anything and I could go and live on an island somewhere.
- Oh I say, that's very nice. Well, off you go then.
- No, I'm just pulling your leg, it's crucifixion really.
- Oh yes, very good. Well...
- Yes I know, out of the door, one cross each, line on the left.
Monty Python's Life of Brian, 1979